On June 24 - 25, 2017, the 14th Annual Conference on Frontiers in Applied and Computational Mathematics (FACM '17) will be held at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) in Newark, New Jersey. The 14th conference will be broadly focused on mathematics in industry, and is scheduled to follow the 33rd Mathematical Problems in Industry Workshop (MPI) which will be held at NJIT immediately prior to the FACM conference.
- Jon Chapman, Oxford University
- Jianying Hu, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
- Greg Luther, Adaptive Optics Associates and Northrop Grumman
- Cleve Moler, MathWorks
Application for Contributed Presentations
The application for contributed presentations by postdoctoral fellows and students is linked below and is due by May 15, 2017. The applications by the members of underrepresented groups, minorities and women are particularly encouraged. Limited travel support, typically on the level of covering the cost of registration and local accommodation is available. All accepted applications will be considered for travel support automatically and no separate application is needed. Notification of acceptance and travel support, if granted, will be sent out by May 22.
The online registration form for confirmed speakers, poster presenters, and NJIT faculty and students is given in the registration link below. Please register by May 1, 2017.
Postdoctoral fellows and students wishing to contribute an oral presentation must click here to submit the Application for Contributed Presentations only. You will be asked to register at a later date.
Preliminary List of Minisymposia
- Mathematical Modeling of Membrane Filtration
- Low Reynolds Number Technologies: Theory & Applications
- Computational Electromagnetics and Photonics
- Listening to the Heart and Brain: Current Challenges in Multiscale Modeling
- Mathematical Applications Supporting Research, Development and Cost-Effectiveness in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Application of Computational Biology Models, Algorithms and Data Science to Establish Proof of Mechanisms and Predict Therapeutic Response in Patient Subpopulations
- Optimal Transport with Industrial Applications
- Pharmaceutical Statistics
- Data Science in Industry
- Stochastic Modeling of Physical Systems
Organizing Committee (Preliminary List)
Local Organizing Committee: Lou Kondic (Committee Chair), Michael Booty, Linda Cummings, Casey Diekman, Yixin Fang, Shidong Jiang, Ji Meng Loh, Jonathan Luke, Richard Moore, and Michael Siegel
External Organizing Committee: Ruth Abrams (Sanofi), Karim Azer (Sanofi), Uwe Beuscher (Gore), Zydrunas Gimbutas (NIST), Tuan M. Hoang-Trong (IBM), Anna Georgieva Kondic (Merck), James Kozloski (IBM), Demetrios Papageorgiou (Imperial College), and Kyongmin Yeo (IBM)
Updated: April 17, 2017