NJIT Faculty Senate
Spring 2015 Teaching
331 Introduction to Partial Differential Equations, MR 4:00-5:25
- Office Hours: Monday 1:30-2:30,
- Dynamical systems, mathematical neurophysiology,
geometric singular perturbation theory,
- Bose, A., Golowasch, J., Guan, Y. and Nadim, F., (2014)
Role of linear and voltage-dependent ionic
currents in the generation of slow wave oscillations, J. Comput.
Neurosci. 37, 229-242.
- Akcay, Z., Bose, A. and Nadim, F. , (2014) Effects of synaptic plasticity on phase and
period locking of a network of two oscillatory neurons, J. Math.
Neuro. 4:8; doi:10.1186/2190-8567-4-8
- Kumar, R., Bose, A. and Mallick, B., (2012) A mathematical model towards understanding the
mechanism of neuronal regulation of waking-NREMS-REMS states, PLoS
ONE 7(8): e42059.
- Singh, T.U., Manchanda, K., Ramaswamy, R. and Bose, A.
(2011) Excitable nodes on random graphs:
Relating dynamics to network structure, SIADS, 10,
- Bose, A., Nadim, F. and Golowasch, J. - DMS
1122291 (October 2011 - September 2014) Linear Conductance-Based
Mechanisms Underlying Oscillations in Neuronal Networks
- Bose, A., Fulbright-Nehru Award USIEF , Fulbright Program (August 2009
- May 2010) Mathematical modeling of the dynamics of neuronal networks
- Bose, A. National Science Foundation - DMS
0615168 (September 2006 - August 2009) The role of short-term synaptic
plasticity in feedback neuronal networks.
- Bose, A., Golowasch, J. and Nadim, F., National Science
Foundation - DUE
0436244 (September 2004 - August 2009) UBM: An undergraduate biology
and mathematics training program at NJIT. UBM website Newest (2009-2012), Old (2004-2009)
- Bose, A. and Booth, V. National Science Foundation - DMS
0315862 (July 2003 - June 2006) Functional roles for short-term
synaptic plasticity in neuronal networks.
- Bose, A, Booth, V. and Recce, M., National Science
Foundation - DMS
9973230 (August 1999 - July 2003) Neural mechanisms for generating
- Bose, A and Rubin, J. Synaptic strategies for
optimizing burst length in reciprocally coupled neuronal networks,
submitted, February 2015.
- Bose, A., Bifurcation in the dynamics of single neurons
and small networks, in press, Ency. Computational Neuroscience.
- Bose, A. and Nadim, F., Multistability arising from
synaptic dynamics, in press, Ency. Computational Neuroscience.
- Zeynep Akcay (2014): co-advised with Farzan Nadim
Post-NJIT; Assistant Professor Queensborough Community College
- Xinxian Huang (2011) Post-NJIT: Post-doc Georgia
Health Sciences University, currently Product Analyst Farmers Insurance
- Lakshmi Chandrasekaran (2008) Post-NJIT: Post-doc
Northeastern Ohio Medical College, Post-doc Lousiana Health Sciences
University, currently Post-doc Stower Institute for Medical Sciences,
- Joon Ha (2008) Post-NJIT: Post-doc IUPUI, currently
- Christina Ambrosio [now Mouser] (2005) Post-NJIT:
Assistant Professor Medgar Evers College, currently Assistant Professor
William Patterson University
- Stephen Kunec (2002) Post-NJIT: Post-doc at Boston
University, Assistant Professor Wocester State University
Progressive South Asian
Fulbright Article summarizing my year in India